The third meeting of the RO-LCG federation is intended to open new perspectives on the regional and international cooperation in Grid technology and its applications in high-energy physics. The event will bring together representatives of the National Grid Infrastructures in the region, high-energy physicists, computer scientists, Grid site administrators, and Grid users.
The main objectives of the workshop are the following:
- To assert the readiness of the RO-LCG federation for the LHC data taking
- To present the results obtained during the 4 years of RO-LCG activity, in connection with the international Grid evolution
- To inform about the present and the future of the national and regional network infrastructure for Grid
- To discuss the perspectives of the regional and international Grid cooperation
- To offer the grid community the opportunity for the exchange of information concerning the gLite technology and its implementation
- To provide a forum for sharing the experience of the advanced grid sites, and to attract new centers into RO-LCG
The workshop is organized by 'Horia Hulubei' National Institute for R&D in Physics and Nuclear Engineering, and supported by the National Agency for Scientific Research through the R&D project CONDEGRID - "National contribution to the development of the LCG computing grid for elementary particle physics".